Application Deadlines:Fall– January 15 (December 15 for scholarship consideration) Spring – September 15 (August 31 for scholarship consideration)
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in any engineering or engineering-related disciplines including but not limited to: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, and Mechatronics.
•Transcripts: Upload Electronic Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. A mailed hard copy or official e-transcript is not required for admission to our programs.
◦ Submit an electronic copy of official transcripts (.pdf recommended) and other degree related documents through the online graduate application (International applicants, visit USC Graduate Admission’s Country Requirements page for details on required documents)
◦ Unofficial transcripts from university student portals are not acceptable
◦ If the transcript includes a separate grading scale, make sure it is also uploaded
◦ For upload purposes, all transcript related documents for a single school must be submitted as one document
◦ If you are admitted, you will be given specific instructions on submitting your hard copy transcripts
•GRE General Test: Satisfactory and valid test scores. Valid GRE scores must be dated within five years of the start of the intended application semester. The fall semester starts in August, and the spring semester starts in January. Official scores must be reported from ETS directly to USC using ETS school code 4852. A department code is not required.
•Personal Statement : The personal statement should describe succinctly your reasons for applying to the proposed program at the Viterbi School of Engineering, your preparation for this field of study, study interests, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study.
•Letters of Recommendation (Optional): Letters of recommendation should be from faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
English Language Proficiency: In addition to application requirements above, international students whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS . There is no minimum TOEFL or IELTS score required for admission to the Viterbi School. For possible exemption from additional language requirements, you must achieve an Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90, with no less than 20 on each section or an IELTS score of 6.5, with no less than 6 on each band score.