Durham的Teaching and Learning Handbook已经修改，扩大了可以接受的英语语言能力测试的数量。
· Singapore Integrated Programme (SIPCAL) at grade C or above in an essay based, humanities or social science subject from the following list: History, Philosophy, Government and Politics, English Language, English Literature, Geography, Religious Studies, Economics, Business Studies, Law and Sociology. Modern or Classical Languages are not acceptable in meeting this requirement.
· Singapore Polytechnic Diploma and Advanced Diplomas at GPA 3.0 or above
· WAEC and NECO Grade B3 or above from Nigeria and Ghana
· Advanced Placement (AP) in English Language and Composition or English Literature and Composition at a grade of 4 or above
· The Canadian High School Diploma (Canadian nationals) Grade 12 English at 65%, accompanied by evidence that the course was taught and assessed in English (non-nationals)
· Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) English Language grade 4
· Indian Standard XII 80% in English at first attempt (ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Goa, Kerala Boards only)
· Malaysian SPM English component Grade C (administered by UCLES only – UCLES 1119)
· South African National Senior School Certificate pass at 5+ (candidates who have chosen English as their home language only)
· O Level English (Zimbabwe) at grade C or above.
· USA High School Graduation Diploma Grade B (or 80 – 89%) in English